Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What a Beautiful Morning....

I'm trying to get myself motivated to get up and go to the gym. It's not that I don't want to go, I enjoy the gym. It's that my body wants to go back to bed. I keep looking out the window at the sun shining on the beautiful Autumn leaves hoping it'll get me off this chair, but so far it's just hypnotized me into staring out the window longer.

Yesterday, I practiced throwing knives after my gym workout. My right arm and shoulder are so sore. It's mainly my bicep and forearm, but you get the point. I was hoping to work on my arms today, but I guess I'll focus on my legs or back instead. What's with all the exercise talk you ask? If you've been following my blogs you'll see a pattern. It's a mixture of training for research while trying to reverse the curse of the writer.

Laurell K Hamilton, one of my favorite local authors, writes about going from a size 14 to a size 8, and I believe she's even smaller now. A majority of authors become overweight or out of shape. Why, you ask? Seriously, you need to ask that? Look at what we do all day...we sit and write for hours at a time. Then, we sit and read or research...or both. So, as you can see, we get very out of shape. Luckily for me, I had blood work done at the doctor and was given an early wake up call.

Now, on to the blood tests. I'm currently watching what I eat, making sure to eat chicken, fish, and a crap load of vegetables, all while taking my meds. I'm also working out at the gym 5-6 days a week, and attempting to reduce my stress level (yeah, right). I go back in a few weeks to have my follow up testing done, so we'll find out then if I'll be having a heart attack anytime in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that your working on improving your health. We need you and witty sense of writing!
    Your eyes and smile can light up anyones dreary mood or work related stressful day.
    Let me know the results of your blood tests in the upcoming weeks!!!
    Remember Fish Oil!
    LOL
    Hugs,
    Papa Bear

    ReplyDelete