Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Be Thankful, Dammit!!

Over the last few weeks I've listened to so many complain about having nothing to be thankful for. Seriously? Oh, I have nothing to be thankful for, or with the country/economy the way it is there's nothing to be thankful for. Then, of course, there's the usual, do you know what this holiday really means?

Shut up! Quit your whining and look around you.

Sure, there's a lot to be concerned over, but are your kids healthy? Do you have a roof over your head? A job, even if it's minimum wage? Do you have food in your belly? Do you live in America, where you're free?

Personally, I have a long list of things I'm thankful for...my kids are healthy and happy. They go to a great school where they're getting a free education. My husband and I are happily married, and we both have our health. We have a roof over our heads that doesn't leak. Our bellys are full every night before going to bed. I have awesome pets. I'm Christian and don't have to fear for my life when confessing my faith in Jesus Christ. My husband is gainfully employed, which allows me to focus on my lifelong dream of writing for a living. I have a large, loving family, no matter how dysfunctional at times. I have awesome, devoted friends..both in real life and my cyber friends.

I could seriously keep going for hours. Before sitting back and feeling sorry for yourself, take a look around. You don't even have to look at other countries. Take a look at your neighbors, other communities, other states. If you can read, have a meal everyday, have a job, and a roof over your head, you're more blessed than over 10% of this country. Hell, it may even be higher than that...I didn't exactly research my numbers before ranting and raving today.

Look around you, and smile. You're very blessed, therefore, you have much to be thankful for. May God bless you and yours on this holiday, and all the days of your life.

1 comment: