Friday, October 15, 2010

Where did all my cool dreams go?

I've always been one to have vivid dreams, and be able to recall them with clarity. Everyone single detailed could be called upon in my waking hours. Not anymore. Now, if I dream something that seems remotely interesting, I have to roll over in the middle of the night and write it out on a notebook perched on my nightstand.
Someone told me once that I needed to remove all electronics from beside my bed, so I did. The only thing left on my nightstand is my alarm clock...no change.
I've tried reading, or not reading before bed. Writing and not writing, watching television, and...well, you get the point. Obviously, not every dream is worth remembering, but some of my best plots and story lines have come from a dream at some point in time or another.
Don't know where I'm going with this other than venting a little frustration. I still get ideas flooding my consciousness at neck breaking speed, but it was so fun when a whole book would play itself out in my sleep. I miss my wonderful, wacky, sometimes erotic dreams!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I think some of our best ideas come from dreams. Stephanie Meyer says she dreamed of the meadow scene in Twilight and knew she had to follow it. It was just so real. Don't get frustrated, we all do the same thing. It's the little scenes that play out in my mind while I'm awake that gets me the weird looks from the fam. You're normal...trust me.

    ReplyDelete