Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I've had better days!

The proverbial bull in the China store...that's me! Today, being the good wife that I am, I brought my laptop downstairs so my husband could sleep in on his vacation. I set the laptop on the couch, got up to get more coffee. On my approach to the couch, I tapped my long, monkey like toes against the laptop, or so I thought it was my laptop. Wrong, it was my flash drive.

Long story short, my flash drive is broken. Did I mention that all of my work is on that thing? I was able to recover my current work in progress from the laptop, and my nonfiction proposal and the revised The Reluctant King Reece from the sent box in my email. But all of my other work is now gone forever. I could spend hundreds of dollars to pay someone to save it all, but I have yet to win the lottery.

Can someone pass a tissue? And a beer?

1 comment:

  1. OMG, that's a Crown and Coke moment if anything. I'd be freaking out. I keep mine saved on the computer then also on two flash drives just in case. Good luck with finding the rest of it. The blog looks nice. I look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete