Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ugh, the sun isn't even up yet!

I've never been a morning person. Anyone who knows me will say that's an understatement, but honestly, it's the best I can do this morning. I didn't get to sleep until late, and as usual couldn't stay asleep. Then, my damn alarm started buzzing in my ears to drag me from a rather interesting dream...though I can't remember what the hell it was about.

This time of year has always saddened me. We have to get out of bed and get active before the sun is up, and frankly, I think it's for the birds. There should be a law against having to get up anytime before 8am.

So, here I sit, at 6:50am, on Thursday morning, trying to focus on the computer screen with sleep, itchy, swollen eyes, and at the same time I have to make sure the kids are dressed properly and ready for school, all while appearing cheerful and loving. Bah Humbug! I want to go back to bed.

On another note, I've sent the revised edition of The Reluctant King Reece and was asked for the exclusive first read. That's good, right? In the meantime, I'm hard at work on a complete rewrite of Repeated Life, which I'm contemplating renaming, though I haven't made up my mind yet.

Wish me luck, y'all. It's gonna be a long day. I will take a nap today, whether my family and friends like it or not!

2 comments:

  1. The best remedy for such inertia is to make something - even if it is scambled eggs.
    Hm - another title for Repeated Life: try finding both words in some famous writer's works, and get a phrase that fits in with the theme of the book.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice Rosanne. I was actually thinking along the lines of Once Again.

    ReplyDelete