Thursday, August 5, 2010

Real Housewives? Really?

     While watching The Real Housewives of New Jersey, I learned something about myself…I’m doing it all wrong. As a ‘real housewife of St. Louis’ I clean, cook, do laundry, and run errands, on top of caring for my children, husband, and family pets. I missed the memo about concentrating on my appearance, parties, and shopping.

     So, does this make me an un-real housewife? Perhaps, after studying more episodes of this popular show, I’ll learn how to secure appointments for facials, pedicures, and massages. I will learn how to spoil my children until they become disrespectful, lazy teenagers. The belief that we are to raise our children to become hardworking, independent adults has been wrong all along.
     If only our parents had such an informative shows such as the Real Housewives of New Jersey, New York, Atlanta, and the new Washington DC. Then, maybe, just maybe, we would have been raised to hold material possessions, and artificial relationships with utmost reverence. We could have learned that the way to interact and debate with those we don’t agree with is by throwing tables, writing scathing tell-all books, and slandering them on reunion shows and in the press.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good beginning. I added myself as a follower. Now you have two and soon it will be two hundred.

    ReplyDelete