Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Goodnight!

It's officially Christmas Eve, and I'm as excited as my kids are for the annual festivities. One slight problem; the Christmas party has been cancelled for the first time in thirty eight years due to an idiot in the family. Have not fear, Momma Claus is here.


I will never allow anything or anyone to ruin Christmas for me. My Lord and Savior was born regardless of who does what, and my kids will still have gifts to open, as will my nephews and nieces. There is no better joy for me than watching a child (more specifically, those in my family) open a gift I lovingly picked out just for them.

So, if the party is cancelled, what shall I do? I'll tell you what I'm going to do- I'm going to shower, put on some makeup and some goofy Christmas jewelry. Then, I'm going to load the kids, and the gifts into the car and head out to my family. First, my sister's house. I can't wait to see my nephews' expressions when they open their gifts. Then, I'll head to my mom's where the kids will open the gifts grandma chose for them.


Okay, so there will be no chocolate chip cookies, no rye bread and dill dip, no sandwiches and relish tray. There will, however, still be joy. There will still be gifts. There will still be love.

 I don't need no stinking party!

No comments:

Post a Comment