Thursday, March 10, 2011

Show me yours and I'll show you mine....

Every writer has a cave; somewhere they prefer to write. So few of us actually have a separate office in which to write, and those who do seldom use only that room. Personally, I use my laptop. Sure, I have a desk top computer just like the rest of you, but I only use it for the Internet, you know, Facebook, Twitter, blogging, research. I've only written one book on this computer, and it has since been completely rewritten.

One of my favorite links to visit is on Paige Cuccaro's site. The link I love to check out is called The Cave. You gotta go have a look around. Some of my favorite authors have their "offices" pictured on there.

So, here's the challenge. Show me yours, and I'll show you mine. Don't want to post it directly this blog? Feel free to email the photo to me at clparks@clparks.com. I'll take a couple of pics later when the husband wakes up and post my lovely writing area.

While you're at it, why don't you tell me/us all about your weird little writing ritual. I, for instance, have to have my feet covered, my cigarettes and coffee within reach, and some kind of background noise, be it music for my mood or mindless television.

Don't be scared. We already know how strange you are...now it's time to prove it. Yeah...I called you strange. This coming from the Lizard Lady.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, but I don't have the digital camera to take a picture, and my writing spot is whatever computer is free and handy at any particular moment....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay>
    1. Listen to the Beatles, Paperback Writer before beginning.
    2. A pot of de-caf coffee, a cup of tea, and a huge glass of water.
    3. Pieces from a dark chocolate bar.
    4. Read a passage from another book.
    5. Music. All kinds.

    ReplyDelete