Sunday, November 25, 2012

Writing and the Holidays

Okay, I know I neglect this blog way more than I should, but honestly, do you really want to hear from me every single day?

I was thinking about my choice of career and the holidays today. There's both a novella and the second book in the Hunters series in the works as we speak, yet I've been unable to write in weeks. Because the holidays are in full swing I'm currently working a part-time job. This job is extremely exhausting, to the point where I could fall asleep the moment I get home. Unfortunately, between the physical exhaustion, the family obligations, and regular housework, I've had no time to write.

Oh wow. I can see some of you shaking your heads and making faces at me. I'm fully aware there are a lot of writers out there who work full-time jobs and still have time to write. Well, I commend you. I've never been one who had the energy to stay up all night to complete a book, then get up after only a few hours of sleep to start the day again. My brain doesn't function fully without rest. Never has. On top of the constant fatigue, I've been fighting with a stupid cold (my first in 3-4 years), plus trying to care for my special needs kids.

With the holidays being so busy, one has to wonder how anyone has time to breathe, let alone finish a book. I have so much respect for people who are able to finish 3 to 4 books a year while holding down a regular job, caring for their families, and keeping up their house. Where do you people find the energy? Is it something the rest of us can bottle? Any secrets?

Wow, this post really turned into nothing more than a rambling, incoherent thought. But, I'm sure most of you know me well enough by now to follow my thought process.

Have a great week, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment