Friday, September 10, 2010

Almost done....

I'm nearly done with revising and editing The Reluctant King Reece. It has grown from the original 62,000 words to 72,000, and I still have about 10 chapters to go. I will post the revised first chapter on my website soon.
After working for hours yesterday, someone asked how I could be tired from typing all day. Tell me, have you ever sat and read a book, word for word, and revised it? It's a tedious, mind blowing, labor of love. I've never been one able to sit around for more than a few minutes at a time, so for me to sit for hours, staring at a computer screen is absolutely exhausting.
Though it wears me out, I can't imagine doing anything else all day long. I truly love creating my characters and their world, but I must say, I love writing the sex scenes even more!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I've always hated the revision process, Christy. I used to send my editors first drafts with the following message: "Just tell me what's wrong with it and I'll fix it."

    ReplyDelete